|The Original Book Cover by |
Helen Shucman and
There is a list of fifty Principles of Miracles in the first chapter of A Course In Miracles. I will post them, 5 principles per day. Give them some thought. See if they make sense to you; see if you can perceive how each principle may impact your life.
Principles of Miracles
1. There is no order of difficulty in miracles. One is not "harder" or "bigger" than another. They are all the same. All expressions of love are maximal.
2. Miracles as such do not matter. The only thing that matters is their source, which is far beyond evaluation.
3. Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes
from love is a miracle.
from love is a miracle.
4. All miracles mean life, and God is the giver of life. His voice will direct you very specifically. You will be told all you need to know.
5. Miracles are habits, and should be involuntary. They should not be under conscious control. Consciously selected miracles can be misguided.
(Points 1 -5 are quoted verbatim from the original)
Hmmmm. If you can't find immediate meaning in the words put them aside and read them again. Print out this post and read the principles before you drift off to sleep at night, and read them again when you wake up in the morning. Put your sub-conscious mind to work on understanding what is meant. Pay particular attention to Principle number 4. Know, deep inside, that this is true. YOU WILL BE TOLD ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.
And keep this in mind as well ~ ~ quoted verbatim from the original except for parts in [ ] ~ ~
This is a course in miracles. It is a required course [in life, I think, is meant]. Only the time you take it is voluntary. Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum. It means only that you can elect what you want to take at a given time. The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love's presence, which is your natural inheritance. The opposite of love is fear, but what is all encompassing can have no opposite. This course can therefore be summed up very simply in this way:
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
- If you would like to receive
- access to the Public Domain version of
- A COURSE IN MIRACLES
- JOIN THIS SITE ~ ~ SERENE PROMOTIONS (TM) ~ ~
- (the Join This Site box is at the top of this page on the left hand panel)
- and the link will be sent to your inbox