Saturday, February 26, 2011

Email Sent To The Canadian Gals With Passion & Purpose Community

As a way of sharing the path I walk in creating the Serene Promotions (TM) enterprise, and the entities associated with it, I will post the steps I take in the development of my vision.

I joined the BraveHeart Women Global Community on Nov. 28th, 2010. Ellie Drake's social and business platform gives members an opportunity to create seperate communites within her community. Immediately I saw the potential of creating a Canadian Community. BUT, one must be a CORE member in order to create such communities. To join the site is free, but to become a CORE member it costs $27 per month, or $197 per year. Although I think it is worthwhile, I can't afford this right now. So I began to think of ways I could circumvent the requirement until such time that I can afford to become a CORE member -- which I most certainly intend to do ASAP.


So first I created a Facebook group page called CANADIAN BRAVEHEART WOMEN COMMUNITY with SERENE PROMOTION (TM). And then by chance I found another Canadian Community within BHW, called CANADIAN GALS WITH PASSION & PURPOSE COMMUNITY. I joined it, but was totally disappointed to find no activity whatsoever within the community.

So I decided that maybe a little 'friendly-take-over" of this apparently abandoned site is in order. Here is the email I sent to it's membership:

My name is Serena. When I first joined BHW in November, 2010 I immediately thought of creating a Canadian Community. I was stymied in this endeavour because I can not afford to become a CORE member. Then I found the Canadian Gals with Passion & Purpose Community and I joined right away. But I have been disappointed to find there is absolutely NO ACTIVITY on it. What a shame!

I contacted the community creator/leader, Debbie, and asked if she would mind if I acted as co-leader, but she has not answered my enquiry. So I think she is no longer active on the site. She created the Canadian Gals with Passion & Purpose Community on April 3, 2010 and last posted on it on April 13, 2010, so I think it is a safe assumption. Her last BHW post was July 19, 2010; perhaps she is just too busy to visit often.

So this is my announcement that I am picking up the reins of this community. I think I have a lot to offer my fellow Canadian members. I plan on developing this community as a resource for Canadian women who are looking to improve their realities through education and entrepreneurship. I will look for ways to post information relevant to our unique Canadian issues and perspectives.

If anybody has any suggestions about what they would like to see included as resources, please be sure to drop me a line. I created a Facebook group before I found this abandoned community, called Canadian BraveHeart Women with Serene Promotions ™. I started the page as a holding group for women who were interested in being members until such time as I could find a way to set up a community under the BHW umbrella. My effotrs in that direction gathered up 75 women who want to participate.

So that’s the plan ladies! I hope all present members are on-board with the concept. I shall invite the Canadian members I have already found through the BHW network to join. That’s probably another 30, and I shall send a link to all the Facebook group members. Then I will continue to sift through the hundreds of thousands of BHW profiles to find other potential members. This may take a while, LOL!

Some of the ideas I have for resources are:

** Small business advise and information

** A discussion group for women who work in the camps (an isolated and lonely lifestyle that many women turn to because of the income potential)

** Work postings and opportunities

** Venture opportunities (sort of like an on-line Dragon’s Den, where people with viable business ideas can meet people with money -- LOL, I will have to “find” the people with money for us to meet -- bah ha, ha, ha!!!)

** Causes that touch the heart - a listing of admirable causes that are working toward the betterment of humanity

** Resources for Canadian single-parents

** Educational resources

** Social networking resources

Any other ideas? Working together we can create a strong, encouraging, helpful community of Canadian women, sharing our skills, experience and knowledge -- making the path smoother for our fellow members. Be sure to pass your ideas along, we’ll see if we can’t implement them in one fashion or another.

Welcome fellow sisters to the **REVITALIZED** Canadian Gals with Passion & Purpose Community on

http://www.braveheartwomen.com/

Ellie Drake’s global platform. Let’s join our minds and empower ourselves!

Here’s a link to my personal blog -- you can get a better feel for who I am by visiting:

http://serenepromotions.blogspot.com/

This message sent to the following BHW members on February 26, 2010 through the on-site email delivery service of BHW:

** Member names deleted to protect the privacy of members **
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So we shall see what kind of reaction this brings. I am also going to send a similar email to the members of the Facebook group (which 72 people are listed as members of), and write a post on the Serene Promotions (TM) Facebook page as well.

In order to keep track of all these developmental activities I will print this page out and file it in the Canadian BraveHeart Women Community with Serene Promotions (TM) binder I have started for that purpose. This will help me to eventually write a franchise guide on how to get up and running in this enterprise -- which falls in line with the goals of the community as I envision it - helping each other with our endeavours.

No comments: